Select the Software You Need
Going from confused to clarity is your 2024 technology upgrade journey. And the first step in automating, optimizing and powering up property management services and revenue is to be clear about your key business ailments.
This post helps you define those specific pain points that are keeping your business stuck and in the past. We want you to be clear on those tripping points that keep you from adopting more effective software.
The benefits are pretty clear too: easier workloads for your tired staff, fewer errors and rework, smoother automated processes, automatic rent payments, insightful reports, and simplifying your accounting.
Focus: Your Top 5 Pain Points
We urge you right now to write down on paper, the top 5 work problems you’re suffering. Then you can work backwards to the reasons why they keep happening. It might not be apparent as to why your staff are overworked, lack skills/motivation, why tenant communications are poor, why margins are falling, or how your budget is being eaten up mysteriously.
However, these top 5 paint points might lead you to real business-rescuing insights.
Sure, SaaS-based automation will clear a lot of that out in one swoop, but you want proof that your specific, top 5 performance-killing ailments are going to be addressed and resolved.
Clarifying the Features that Solve Business Pain
In this post, we help you establish your key problems out of the many you have. Your top 5 pain points are those persistent problems which waste valuable time, generate friction with owners and tenants, and result in unnecessary rework.
To find your 5 BIG Pains, consider:
- which manual tasks are repeated
- which types of tasks have low completion rates
- what is eating up your budget
- how responsive and capable your staff are in resolving maintenance tickets
- why tenants always come to you for solutions
- why your tenants always seem uninformed and disinterested
- why you attracted and leased to the wrong tenants for higher churn rates and turnover costs
- why you keep processing payments manually
- and why you struggle to acquire good information to make smart decisions
Don’t move on until you’ve committed to writing down your top 5 pain points. This is how you’ll gain clarity, so you can move forward.
The Most in Demand Software Features
If you review ManageCasa’s service features, you’ll learn what most rental property managers are struggling with. The software responds to your key pain points, giving you inspiration and confidence that you can finally get these problems rectified.
- simplified user interface requiring less training and personal expertise (staff are overworked and finding tasks too complicated)
- integrated dashboard helps staff get more accomplished (too many tools not integrated)
- powerful, dedicated property accounting module with smart automation (serious accounting power which property accountants love)
- online rent payment and bill payment functionality (automated payments eliminate low value admin work)
- vacancy listing ad syndication (automated listings for better tenant acquisition)
- leasing management tools to improve turnover costs (easing tenant changeups and the work involved)
- easy management of online maintenance requests and scheduling (automating and helping tenants provide essential information)
- online portal to enable tenant self-managed-services (tenants love self-service and it saves managers time)
- professional grade accounting for real-time, accurate reporting, and lease-based automation
What Do Property Managers Not Like about their Software?
Landlords and PM’s often speak of how solutions didn’t meet their needs:
- too difficult for staff to learn – intimidating, frustrating, deflating
- not integrated with your other software (payments/accounting)
- lacking essential features
- promising much but not delivering real-time and money-saving results
- software oversteps its true core competencies and thus creates more problems
- time-consuming migration and adoption process
- staff, tenants, investors, and contractors not liking it
While software buyers want bells & whistles features, it’s the core services that get business done well.
As you can see ManageCasa has each aspect of your work covered and simplicity is a theme of our brand.
Making your Choice to Progress
A good SaaS-based online property management solution such as ManageCasa™ lets you easily solve your most pressing pain points. When you do your trial run and demo, our rep will happily help you explore each pain point and how the software rectifies them.
You don’t need big brand promises and claims, but rather a short session with the software to explore each of your work pain points.
Let’s review what you actually do need. It’s the essence of smart management. After you’ve covered your 5 pain points stopping you from modernizing your software, you can then go onto to cover big picture needs.
A 6 Step Review Process:
- establish what you need the software to do for your business such as specific tasks that are mission critical and other services you’re not doing well now – lease management, double-entry accounting, lease-based accounting, automation for bills, disbursements and reconciliation, online rent payment, and flexible insightful reporting, along with effective tenant communications
- determine whether it will work with your current software, partners, etc. and if it’s scalable for growth
- assess whether it’s easy to use, intuitive, and determine whether your staff will like it
- ascertain whether and how it helps you meet your state regulatory compliance and financial requirements
- determine its accounting capabilities and whether it can help you manage your expenses well for each individual property
- determine whether it will reduce your administration time or if it’s built to nickel and dime you out of money with escalating charges
Major Property Management Platforms
There are numerous software products for purchase, some designed for the large enterprise space, some for mid-sized property management companies and some is categorized as landlord software.
This list is not updated however companies introduce improvements and upgrades slowly and raise prices. In many cases, apps and services are available for extra fees. You’ll need to validate and verify each property management softwareapp included and what you’ll need to complete your solution.
Key Software Features to compare and evaluate:
|All-in-One Property Management Software||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Global Time-Zone support||✔||X||X||X|
|Unlimited Properties||✔ (average $1 per unit. No monthly minimum)||✔(average $ 1.8 per unit. Minimum $ 48 per month)||✔ (average $ 1.25 per unit. Minimum $ 250 per month)|
✔ (average $ 1.5 per unit. Average minimum $ 350 per month)
|Single Unit Properties||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Capture core lease dates||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Lease history tracking/management||✔||✔||✔||X|
|Lease relationship based on lease terms||✔||X||X||X|
|Automatic lease expiration||✔||X||X||X|
|Contact Management All Users||✔||X||X||X|
|Contact related data points||✔||X||X||X|
|Logging/tracking maintenance issues||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Notification of maintenance status||✔||✔||✔||X|
|Dedicated discussion around maintenance||✔||X||X||X|
|Historic tracking of status changes||✔||✔||X||X|
|Multi-media rich maintenance tickets||✔||X||X||X|
|Accounting & Reports|
|Full double-entry bookkeeping||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Default and customizable charts||✔||X||✔||X|
|Support for Cash and accrual based accounting||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Support for files & images in accounting||✔||X||X||X|
|1099 fillings||X||Extra Fees||Extra Fees||X|
|Online wire||From Fall 2018||Extra Fees||Extra Fees||Extra Fees|
|Multiple user types||✔||X||X||X|
|Discussion framework for:||✔||X||X||X|
|– Property related||✔||X||X||X|
|– Multi-unit announcements||✔||X||X||X|
|– Multi-building related||✔||X||X||X|
|– Maintenance related||✔||X||X||X|
|– Lease related||✔||X||X||X|
|Ability to add/remove users at any time in the discussion||✔||X||X||X|
|File Management System||✔||✔||X||X|
|Organize Files by property||✔||X||X||X|
|Organize by default folders||✔||X||X||X|
|Create folders and sub-folders||✔||X||X||X|
|Drag & Drop capability||✔||X||X||X|
|All files stored encrypted||✔||X||X||X|
*Competitive Data as of Dec 2017
Making your Choice of Property Management Software
It’s wise to list all of the features and services needed as you see listed the above features chart. Add in those custom features you would like to have. Bold all items such as accounting, maintenance, reporting, rent payments, inspections, mobile app, workflow, and automation processes you absolutely need.
Inquire with our sales teams as to the specifics if you have any unusual needs.
Keep in mind our team is here to answer your questions, help you understand your needs, as well as advise on understanding your future needs and where you might achieve substantial work improvements. See the basic software service plan which is very affordable. Add additional items/apps as required to build the ideal property management software for your business.
Upgrade to a Complete Digital Platform
Rest assured ManageCasa™ is engineered for property managers with the payment, accounting, maintenance scheduling, and tenant communications power a professional expects. Property management is digital in 2024, and ManageCasa is the right platform.
We’d be delighted to hear your questions about property management property management software features and productivity.
Schedule a Software Demo Now.
Apartmentalize 2023 | Property Management | Comparison of Property Management Software | Property Management Apps | Property Management Software Pricing | All in One Software | Property Accounting Software | Housing Market in Canada | Housing Market in California | Property Management Companies in Toronto | Buildium Survey | ManageCasa vs Quickbooks | Property Accounting Tips | What is Property Management? | Property Management Cost | Property Management Software