Great Software for Modern Property Managers
Software review sites often tout their favorites for best property management software, yet given the specific needs of landlords and property managers today, no one product can claim to be best.
Consider how many people buy vehicles every year. Their choices vary greatly depending on their needs and preferences. The most popular models chosen by 5% to 10% of buyers are actually inappropriate to the other 90% to 95% of buyers.
Landlord business owners especially want products designed for their specific needs and they expect great customer care. Unfortunately, they learn that marketing and advertising from large companies can perhaps, overstate things.
Best software is relative to the user.
Conversely, products from smaller developers integrate outstanding features to make them ideal for a specific demographic such as small to mid sized landlords. For instance, ManageCasa’s accounting features are top tier and help small to mid sized property managers take care of their most demanding task — accurate, error free property accounting.
The value in better accounting from ManageCasa shows up in cost and tax reduction, tax audits, better reporting, increased owner confidence, and fewer errors. If financial management is your top concern headed into 2022, then ManageCasa is definitely worth a look.
The Downside to Choosing Big Budget Software
Big software companies have huge budgets to convince users, and sometimes inappropriate users get pulled into them. Small landlords don’t have time for comparison so big marketing budgets can win out.
The downside of large software providers means:
- sourcing customer service to untrained reps in foreign low wage countries (customer service is costly)
- a lack of patience with each customer’s unique learning needs
- a lack of patience with helping customers solve their unique issues
- high cost (for features you don’t really use)
- software designed for the developer’s own business goals, not yours
Software should be designed specifically to serve your business and solve your pressing problems.
Enterprise multifamily property investment firms might prefer popular corporate-style products because they have added features they might use infrequently. They like the comfort as well of a popular brand. Yet, these large legacy products are difficult to update to modern technical standards. The complexity of keeping all bells whistles features operational and compliant is immense. And keeping the product “human” is one that all big companies fight a losing battle with.
That’s why a more simplified product focused on the essentials with good customer service is wiser. ManageCasa for instance has services and automation you’re wishing for in a modern open source software:
- online rent payment and owner disbursements
- tenant portal
- automated maintenance and repair tickets
- optimized tenant lease management
Larger software products come packaged with a bigger price tag and a style of customer service that’s not quite personal. Many forum and review users complain about the impersonal nature of the software and how they need help to do anything.
Big companies have typical and persistent problems and users don’t enjoy it:
“… Do not care about fair treatment. All they want is Money!
I have been a customer of (company) for 5-6 years. I saw them grow. Today, once they are more stable and more successful as many people gave them their trust and loyalty, and they became a robot… with no Human touch. You want to speak to someone, you need to pay extra. Otherwise, you simply create a ticket, and then you may wait for a reply for several days.” — from popular review site.
A smaller more manageable software platform (that has everything you typically need to manage your properties) is more responsive, appropriate and efficient.
You’re pressed for time and you expect work to be automated, simplified, correct and that your data is secure. ManageCasa is the right choice. Take a tour now of why ManageCasa is the best choice for small to mid-sized landlords and property managers.
Simplicity is a virtue in property management. To ease the clutter and rework, ManageCasa is designed beautifully. We understand you’re looking for confidence and comfort in your software choices. Comparing the exact services and features you need at an affordable price, you’ll discover ManageCasa’s business value.
A user friendly, low cost versatile software platform is a unique value proposition relevant to small business property managers. It’s free to trial, and if you’ve used property management software before, then you should adjust to your new choice wonderfully.
What Makes a Great Property Management Platform?
- simplicity and ease of learning
- excellent dedicated property management accounting functions
- outstanding tenant communications
- online rent payment
- cloud-based and ready to add money making services
Landlords Want to Earn More
If inflation increases and your rent yields remain the same, you’re income will fall. Your software can help you identify expenses that may trend much higher. You can nip these issues in the bud.
ManageCasa is a premier property management tool which helps landlords and property managers streamline their workloads to save money and get more done.
The Software You Need is Simpler Than you Think
Success isn’t about more bells and whistles, it’s about the features you actually use. From accounting to marketing, ManageCasa helps you market your units and management them cost-effectively. Grow your revenues and cut your expenses.
If you are struggling to manage your properties, you may realize your current solution is cutting it in many ways. The deeper you look, the more you see how incompatible it is with your business vision.
The Best Property Management Solution for Your New Challenges
For property managers, housing regulation compliance, government moratoriums, taxes, higher costs, and more properties are increasing workloads. It’s this overwhelm that has likely forced you to seek a better solution.
Most software providers will offer free accounts, free trials, and free demos, so you should investigate. The goal isn’t the best price or free property management software, it’s software that will help you get your rental management workload simplified. That translates to higher profitability.
Each property management solution specializes in a particular type of user such as the enterprise level asset manager where they may own 10,000 rental units, or the small entrepreneurial landlord who manages 5 to 500 properties. ManageCasa is adaptable for those managing between 100 to 5000 rental units.
Vital Property Management Software Features
How to Choose Property Management Software?
We’ve covered how to choose the best property management software, and let’s touch on that briefly here. Key considerations:
- is it a full fledged, all in one platform?
- does it have the features and benefits I need?
- how much does it cost? Will costs jump too high at a specific number of doors?
- is it installed or is it cloud-based? Data security is critical and only cloud-based platforms offer that security.
- does it automate tenant rental payments? Automated payments streamline your cash flow and accounting processes.
- does it have automated owner reporting and disbursement built in? Software which automates these tasks makes work a breeze for you
- is customer support in India or a US-based technical expert with real product expertise? A good rep you can understand is needed.
- is there a tenant portal to let tenants help themselves? Self-help yet they can communicate directly with you while respecting your time.
- does the solution include a double-entry accounting system? Keeping your client accounts separate and reports accurate is important.
- how much automation does it provide? The more automation, the faster you can grow your business and raise your profit margins.
- can you scale up with the property software? Will it create bottlenecks and eat up your profits and time?
Some popular property management software aggressively advertised on the web reflects investors’ ad budgets, not the real value of the software solution to you. Simplicity, relevant services, affordability, ease of learning and use, transparency and knowledgeable customer service are the real deliverables.
6 Key Tasks for Rental Management
From beginner landlords and property management startups to well-established property management firms, we field a wide variety of questions about modern property management. The questions revolve around these six tasks:
- tenant and lease tracking
- maintenance management
- bookkeeping and accounting
- budgeting and financial management
- online rent payment
- business automation processes
Important questions regarding property management software solutions:
- do I really need new property management software?
- how can I reduce my property management costs?
- how do property managers get paid their fees?
- how much do property managers earn?
- what are the best property management companies near me?
- which is the best property management software?
- how should I manage my tenants?
- what are the US landlord tenant laws?
- should I buy a rental property for passive income?
- which property management apps should I be using?
- how can I attract property management leads?
- how can I make my tenants happier and stay on lease?
- when should hire a property manager and what tools should they have?
- what might be best practices for an apartment manager?
- how should I write my leases and rental ads?
- what is modern property management?
- what regulations and certifications are there in property management?
- will the software do all of my bookkeeping and accounting?
- what is property management automation?
- should I venture into short term vacation rentals (e.g., Airbnb, VRBO)?
- how do I find and hire a good maintenance and repair contractor?
- what trends should I know about in property management and rental housing?
- how should I structure my property management service fees?
Surveys say growth, efficiency, communications and profit are the pressing priorities of top property management companies.
6 Key Benefits of Property Management Software
- Lower Cost The cloud is a network of computers which share the newest technical computing resources. Legacy systems on the other hand need to be hosted on a local server with an administrator. That’s expensive. Since cloud systems are so vast and provide so many services, it’s comparatively inexpensive in contrast. Savings in price is thousands of dollars in hosting, administration, and programming. Maintenance, upgrades, and more are handled by the cloud hosting company. And if you have a WordPress blog, they have the resources to ensure it’s fast and not easily hacked.
- Improved Compatibility and Performance. The gigantic cloud computing system offers many services and software compatibility benefits whether mobile or desktop. It allows PM systems to leverage an exciting variety of new cloud-based landlord apps or property management apps.
- Better Security. Although having data stored on outside servers may seem risky at first, the big cloud server/hosting firms such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM, Salesforce, and SAP offer the latest in data encryption, firewall and other security tools. That level of security isn’t available on small local servers.The threat of hacking is always there yet these companies have better software and hardware resources, top-notch data encryption, as well as trained security professionals to better identify hackers in real-time. That means they’re actually more secure.
- Infinite Scalability. In terms of the number of users, computing, and data storage is concerned, the cloud has infinite resources. That means cloud-based property management software can respond instantly to your company’s needs. No bottlenecks, and downtime due to restrictions. No matter how many units and tenants you have in your system, it functions the same. That’s a source of confidence for large and fast-growing property management companies who don’t want downtime and the frustration of hosting on a completely new system.
- Easier Staff/ Collaboration. Your staff, landlords, and contractors are very important. Cloud-based property management software enables easy, secure collaboration with a variety of tools. You can all connect with them anytime, anywhere via any device, and authorized users can access accounts without problems.
- Disaster Recovery and Automatic Updates. Your ManageCasa property management software is always updated negating the need for manual action from an IT technician. And if your server fails or you’re hacked, your system can be recovered automatically and redeployed much faster. For a large property management company, this is peace of mind is very important. Downtime can be costly.
Example: ManageCasa Serves 3 Distinct Customers
ManageCasa’s property management platform provides the right kind of service for 1) Landlords , 2) Property Management Firms, and 3) Mid sized property rental firms which are scaling up to service more tenants.
Introducing the ManageCasa Property Management Platform
ManageCasa’s all in one property management platform is a foundation for a modern property management company. Because you’re stressed and overworked, we’ve designed a solution that’s easier to understand and use. It helps automate workflow and tedious tasks to give you your time back.
Shortcuts to Key ManageCasa Pages:
- Review ManageCasa’s Products and Services
- See Customer Reviews of ManageCasa
- Check out ManageCasa’s Software Pricing Guide
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions
- State of Property Management Industry Report
- Sign Up for Managecasa Software Platform
- ManageCasa industry trends, tips and insights
Rental Property Software Reviews
ManageCasa is reviewed and compared by a number of Property Management Software Review companies such as Software Advice , Capterra Software Reviews, G2 Software Reviews, and Software Suggest reviews. You can find out more about software companies including Yardi, Appfolio, Buildium, Tenantfile, Cozy, Propertyware, Innago, Entrata, Hemlane, Simplifyem, Tenantfile, and many more. Most of property management software guides obtain reviews from real software users to compare the best-rated Property Management Software platforms. Catch up on the latest news and industry solutions on our blog.
Learn More about ManageCasa as a startup on Crunchbase and then proceed to learn how to buy ManageCasa Property Management software for your business.
Improve How You Manage Your Rental Properties
Improve everything from your business model, to tenant management and rent collection using ManageCasa. It’s not all software of course. Please do visit our property management blog to learn more about software and to stay updated on where the industry is headed.
* the opinions expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of ManageCasa, its partners and affiliates.
More Blogs: Property Management | Free Property Management Software | Rental Advertising | Property Management | Simple Landlord Software | Houses for Rent | Landlord Tax Management | Cloud-based Solution | Simple Landlord Software | HOA Software | Choosing the Right Property Management Software | Property Management Services | The Best Property Management Software | Commercial Property Management Software | Property Management Business | Deutsch Apps für Vermieter | Hausverwaltung Software | Australian Property Market | Melbourne Property Market | Sydney Property Market