Property Management Technology Insight, & Trending News
While you’re keen on finding and subscribing to the ideal property management software, there’s a lot going on in the business of property management that may influence your choice.
And we’ve added this new, trending news stores section for property managers, landlords, HOA managers, startup entrepreneurs, and students of property management courses.
Please do share and bookmark for your fresh reference each morning!
Today’s News Bytes:
♣ Are corporate landlords the first to push for evictions as moratoriums end?
♣ Is the retail/office rental market getting shifted by the online and work from home trends?
♣ Australia’s build to rent market growing by 70%. Corporate landlords dominating sector.
♣ Zumper launches Renter migration report — Charlotte, San Antonio, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Detroit, Denver, and San Diego have the most interest.
♣ Yes, property managers and Realtors are using TikTok to show rentals.
♣ Extra stimulus checks might be in American’s future. 700,000 Americans are receiving $1.2 billion in what the tax agency calls “plus-up” payments — CNBC.
♣ Retail sales rose 9.8% in March, as consumers got $1,400 stimulus checks and Covid-19 vaccinations. Will rent payments rise?
♣ What tenants should be doing now before the end of the eviction moratorium in 3 months.
♣ Hot Vacation rental market creates big demand for property managers
♣ US Markets With the Highest Yields for SFR Acquisitions This Year; the average annual gross rental yield is 7.7% for 2021, down from an average of 8.4% in 2020
♣ 20 best places to be a landlord in the UK. Birmingham, Bradford and Coventry have become the top three places in the UK to be a landlord.
♣ NAAHQ news: Is this the year of outdoor amenities? “We saw this trend coming about over the last several years.”
♣ Are Snowbirds from the North getting younger? Remote work freedom means many from the north will seek temporary rentals in the south at least for part of the year. It’s changing the rental landscape and could lead to more investment in rental property across the US and Canada.
♣ Mondaq Anticipates a Big year in Real Estate Litigation stemming from the pandemic disruption, business fragility, and eviction moratoriums. Commercial tenants are trying to be tricky with laws in order to escape their leases.
♣ Large corporate buyers are buying cheap property in cities such as Milwaukee, and some don’t like it.
♣ Douglas Elliman’s property management section suffers data breach underscoring the importance of advanced cloud property management security technology. Exec’s emailed New York tenants to tell them buildings’ residents and employees database was breached and their personal information may have been compromised.
♣ Sign of the Recovery? Airbnb rentals booming again in Las Vegas. Local airbnb host with 24 properties see 200% boost in bookings.
♣ Has the rental market been permanently changed? Denver’s Westword reviews the 7 reasons the housing market is changing.
♣ Upwork Study shows 14 to 23 million Americans intend to move as a result of remote work.
♣ Studies show unit tours, showings and leasing activities are going permanently virtual.
♣ Rental assistance programs for tenants in trouble are available, but tenants won’t apply.
♣ From Yahoo: Top ten fastest rising rental markets. California is coming back.
Landlords are Investigating New Software
Property management software helps landlords and property managers streamline their workloads to save money and accomplish more. The more modern, freshly updated, and secure solutions available provide a significant value proposition for rental entrepreneurs, landlords and property managers.
The One You Need is Simpler Than you Think
Below you’ll learn more about the qualities you’re hoping for in your online property management software solution. And you’ll learn questions you should be asking to ensure you find the right residential or commercial solution.
You’ll be comparing the feel of each solution’s dashboard, customer service capabilities, automation-power, range of service modules, and the overall power to deliver the results you want.
Your selection of the best software will help you save immense amounts of work time, ease your exhaustion, improve your confidence, and free up more time and resources for improved rental property management.
Take your time, and choose wisely! If you want a great software right now, you can’t go wrong with ManageCasa. It’s easy to use, has the powerful features you demand, and it’s very affordably. You can learn a lot from a test run, please do check it out now!
Interested in ManageCasa's Property Management Platform?
Try it out right now for free.Create a Free Account
The Best Property Management Solution for Your New Challenges
For property managers, housing regulation compliance, government moratoriums, taxes, higher costs, and more properties are increasing workloads. It’s this overwhelm that has likely forced you to seek a better solution.
Most software providers will offer free accounts, free trials, and free demos, so you should investigate. The goal isn’t the best price or free property management software, it’s software that will help you get your rental management workload simplified. That translates to higher profitability.
Each property management solution specializes in a particular type of user such as the enterprise level asset manager where they may own 10,000 rental units, or the small entrepreneurial landlord who manages 5 to 500 properties. ManageCasa is adaptable for those managing between 100 to 5000 rental units.
Property Management Software Features
How to Choose Property Management Software?
We’ve covered how to choose the best property management software, and let’s touch on that briefly here. Key considerations:
- is it a full fledged, all in one platform?
- does it have the features and benefits I need?
- how much does it cost? Will costs jump too high at a specific number of doors?
- is it installed or is it cloud-based? Data security is critical and only cloud-based platforms offer that security.
- does it automate tenant rental payments? Automated payments streamline your cash flow and accounting processes.
- does it have automated owner reporting and disbursement built in? Software which automates these tasks makes work a breeze for you
- is customer support in India or a US-based technical expert with real product expertise? A good rep you can understand is needed.
- is there a tenant portal to let tenants help themselves? Self-help yet they can communicate directly with you while respecting your time.
- does the solution include a double-entry accounting system? Keeping your client accounts separate and reports accurate is important.
- how much automation does it provide? The more automation, the faster you can grow your business and raise your profit margins.
- can you scale up with the property software? Will it create bottlenecks and eat up your profits and time?
Some popular property management software aggressively advertised on the web reflects investors’ ad budgets, not the real value of the software solution to you. Simplicity, relevant services, affordability, ease of learning and use, transparency and knowledgeable customer service are the real deliverables.
6 Key Tasks for Rental Management
From beginner landlords and property management startups to well-established property management firms, we field a wide variety of questions about modern property management. The questions revolve around these six tasks:
- tenant and lease tracking
- maintenance management
- bookkeeping and accounting
- budgeting and financial management
- online rent payment
- business automation processes
Important questions regarding property management software solutions:
- do I really need new property management software?
- how can I reduce my property management costs?
- how do property managers get paid their fees?
- how much do property managers earn?
- what are the best property management companies near me?
- which is the best property management software?
- how should I manage my tenants?
- what are the US landlord tenant laws?
- should I buy a rental property for passive income?
- which property management apps should I be using?
- how can I attract property management leads?
- how can I make my tenants happier and stay on lease?
- when should hire a property manager and what tools should they have?
- what might be best practices for an apartment manager?
- how should I write my leases and rental ads?
- what is modern property management?
- what regulations and certifications are there in property management?
- will the software do all of my bookkeeping and accounting?
- what is property management automation?
- should I venture into short term vacation rentals (e.g., Airbnb, VRBO)?
- how do I find and hire a good maintenance and repair contractor?
- what trends should I know about in property management and rental housing?
- how should I structure my property management service fees?
Surveys say growth, efficiency, communications and profit are the pressing priorities of top property management companies.
6 Key Benefits of Property Management Software
- Lower Cost The cloud is a network of computers which share the newest technical computing resources. Legacy systems on the other hand need to be hosted on a local server with an administrator. That’s expensive. Since cloud systems are so vast and provide so many services, it’s comparatively inexpensive in contrast. Savings in price is thousands of dollars in hosting, administration, and programming. Maintenance, upgrades, and more are handled by the cloud hosting company. And if you have a WordPress blog, they have the resources to ensure it’s fast and not easily hacked.
- Improved Compatibility and Performance. The gigantic cloud computing system offers many services and software compatibility benefits whether mobile or desktop. It allows PM systems to leverage an exciting variety of new cloud-based landlord apps or property management apps.
- Better Security. Although having data stored on outside servers may seem risky at first, the big cloud server/hosting firms such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM, Salesforce, and SAP offer the latest in data encryption, firewall and other security tools. That level of security isn’t available on small local servers.The threat of hacking is always there yet these companies have better software and hardware resources, top-notch data encryption, as well as trained security professionals to better identify hackers in real-time. That means they’re actually more secure.
- Infinite Scalability. In terms of the number of users, computing, and data storage is concerned, the cloud has infinite resources. That means cloud-based property management software can respond instantly to your company’s needs. No bottlenecks, downtime, and crashes due to restrictions.No matter how many units and tenants you have in your system, it functions the same. That’s a source of confidence for large and fast-growing property management companies who don’t want downtime and the frustration of hosting on a completely new system.
- Easier Staff/ Collaboration. Your staff, landlords, and contractors are very important. Cloud-based property management software enables easy, secure collaboration with a variety of tools. You can all connect with them anytime, anywhere via any device, and authorized users can access accounts without problems.
- Disaster Recovery and Automatic Updates. Your ManageCasa property management software is always updated negating the need for manual action from an IT technician. And if your server fails or you’re hacked, your system can be recovered automatically and redeployed much faster. For a large property management company, this is peace of mind is very important. Downtime can be costly.
Example: ManageCasa Serves 3 Distinct Customers
ManageCasa’s property management platform provides the right kind of service for 1) Landlords , 2) Property Management Firms, and 3) Mid sized property rental firms which are scaling up to service more tenants.
Introducing the ManageCasa Property Management Platform
ManageCasa’s all in one property management platform is a foundation for a modern property management company. Because you’re stressed and overworked, we’ve designed a solution that’s easier to understand and use. It helps automate workflow and tedious tasks to give you your time back.
ManageCasa is an all-in-one online property management automation solution that gives you all the security and power of the cloud, while saving your budget. Sign up for a Property Management Software Demo and find out how it solves your most pressing issues.
Shortcuts to Key ManageCasa Pages:
- Review ManageCasa’s Products and Services
- See Customer Reviews of ManageCasa
- Check out ManageCasa’s Software Pricing Guide
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions
- State of Property Management Industry Report
- Sign Up for Managecasa Software Platform
- ManageCasa industry trends, tips and insights
Rental Property Software Reviews
ManageCasa is reviewed and compared by a number of Property Management Software Review companies such as Software Advice , Capterra Software Reviews, G2 Software Reviews, and Software Suggest reviews. You can find out more about software companies including Yardi, Appfolio, Buildium, Tenantfile, Cozy, Propertyware, Innago, Entrata, Hemlane, Simplifyem, Tenantfile, and many more. Most of property management software guides obtain reviews from real software users to compare the best-rated Property Management Software platforms. Catch up on the latest news and industry solutions on our blog.
Learn More about ManageCasa as a startup on Crunchbase and then proceed to learn how to buy ManageCasa Property Management software for your business.
Improve How You Manage Your Rental Properties
Improve everything from your business model, to tenant management and rent collection using ManageCasa. It’s not all software of course. Please do visit our property management blog to learn more about software and to stay updated on where the industry is headed.
Ready to try ManageCasa?
Try them out right now for free.Create a Free Account
More Blogs: Property Management | Free Property Management Software | Rental Advertising | Property Management | Simple Landlord Software | Houses for Rent | Landlord Tax Management | Cloud-based Solution | Simple Landlord Software | HOA Software | Choosing the Right Property Management Software | Property Management Services | The Best Property Management Software | Commercial Property Management Software | Property Management Business | Reviews | Start Property Management Company | What is Property Management | Property Management Challenges | Property Management News | Property Management Conferences | Tenant Management