This is What Makes Great Property Management Software
Property managers and landlords are asking what is the best property management software solution? Studies show many landlords and rental real estate managers are frustrated with their current solutions, and unable to ease their workload and grow profit.
Most legacy property management solutions are at the end of their useful lives. An increase in doors and
properties, along with technology and regulatory changes are requiring new features, processes, and capabilities.
New cloud-based property management platforms such as ManageCasa are the solution you need.
These new modern cloud-based property management applications reduce your operating costs, make administration easier, extend tenant services, increase manager mobility, to make property management the solution it needs to be.
The Benefits You Must Have in Your Software
You likely have a lot of questions about property management because it’s a huge area of business with infinite complexity. Here’s some of the important questions you’ll get answered here on ManageCasa:
- what is property management?
- do I really need property management software?
- how can I reduce my property management costs?
- how do property managers get paid their fees?
- what are the best property management companies near me?
- which is the best property management software?
- how should I manage my tenants?
- should I buy a rental property for passive income?
- which property management apps should I be using?
- how can I attract property management leads?
- how can I make my tenants happier and stay on lease?
- how should I write my leases and rental ads?
- what regulations and certifications are there in property management?
- will the software do all of my bookkeeping and accounting?
- what is property management automation?
- should I venture into short term vacation rentals (e.g., Airbnb, VRBO)?
- how do I find and hire a good maintenance and repair contractor?
- what trends should I know about in property management and rental housing?
- how should I structure my property management service fees?
Surveys say growth, efficiency and profit are the priorities of top property management companies. And property managers must orient their business to keeping both tenants and landlords happy. A true service orientation at scale, is possible by using the right software tools.
Cut Your Property Management Service Fees
Investors too, are seeking new property management companies who can manage their assets well, protect them from risk and harm, and attract and lease high quality tenants. They often begin their search for a property management company with low service fees, but thoughtfulness helps them see the value in a high quality professional services.
Low fees actually endanger the value of their investments, so they focus back on the property management company’s business model and how it will deliver and higher ROI on and better tenant services.
The Cloud Brings New Power to Property Management Software
Cloud Spending is growing at 40% per cent per year.
Maximize Your NOI
Property managers who leverage cloud-powered property management software are ensuring their business is ultra cost-efficient, scalable, and secure. These cloud features can lower operating cost and raise your NOI. Success stories tells us some are doing well with the cloud.
RMS, a niche, cloud based Property Management System in the hospitality sector, for RV parks and hotels in Australia, says it has just reached the rate of $1 Billion in bookings via its system. They attribute their success to the power of cloud based services and business
Property Management on the Cloud
If The Cloud still bewilders you, relax, it runs in the background quietly and efficiently. Cloud platforms are managed by huge IT companies such as Google, Microsoft, and Amazon. We’ll take a friendly look at the cloud in this post, so you can understand its benefits to you and your tenants.
Cloud Extends Services Needed for Modern Management
What property management software on the cloud offers you, is always-on, scalable web-based services, extended services for tenants and property managers (payment, accounting, communications, digital services as amenity) and enhanced data security.
The cloud is helping property management companies leverage technology for new services, features and profitable management
See the 6 essential cloud property management benefits you need from your cloud platform and SaaS solution below.
If the whole property management cloud confuses you, let’s take a dive into understanding this amazing technological achievement (even if you don’t have to know).
6 Risks of not Moving to the Cloud
- your property management business can’t grow (it’s not scalable)
- lower demand for your units due to low tech enablement
- high costs for IT administration and hardware
- your server-hosted site can be hacked and your data compromised
- crashes and setbacks are much easier and quicker to overcome
- better management for a mobile property manager or landlord
What is the Cloud?
The cloud is an organized system of connected computers and routers which allows the use of underutilized computing power and storage. Originally, cloud engineers wanted to leverage that underutilized power for cost savings. But in the process of growing the cloud network, they discovered additional benefits and extended services.
The cloud opened a variety of service opportunities while lowering costs. That’s a combination that business likes.
The cloud infrastructure is so powerful and beneficial, that legacy software solutions can’t compete with it. Cloud adoption is the biggest trend in the software industry. Those businesses that lag behind are playing a dangerous game with their company’s future.
Please do Share this Post with Realtors, owners, property managers and multifamily managers.
The cloud is just millions of connected computers that share their empty space and processor time to other users who need it. Yet the cloud has become much more than a giant hard drive.
Turns out that that when property management software uses the cloud as a platform, it gains a huge array of security, power, speed, and new capability. You may have heard of Amazon, Google and Microsoft’s cloud services, and they are popular.
Cloud Computing Platforms
AWS, Google, Azure, IBM, Oracle, and other cloud platforms compete with each other. Most of the websites you visit are likely stored and served from these cloud networks. They all compete to make computing cheaper, more powerful, productive, faster and more secure. That’s why the best property management software is hosted on the cloud.
These companies have resources to make it cheap, powerful, efficient and more secure. Your business leverages the strength of this amazing computing system.
Many of the property management apps you might be using need the cloud just to be compatible with web browsers and smartphone operating systems. ManageCasa is hosted on the cloud and it gives our customers these big advantages in performance while making it a very affordable solution for you.
Check out more about what to look for in the best cloud property management software. There are hundreds of benefits, but the main ones are listed below.
If your property software is running on an old legacy, self-hosted platform, consider it a business liability and a threat. Don’t wait for big “event” where it crashes or is hacked — that might ruin your business
The best property management companies have adopted cloud based solutions and are creating a sustainable business advantage for themselves and their customers.
6 Essential Benefits of Cloud Property Management Software
1. Lower Cost The cloud is a network of computers which share the newest technical computing resources. Legacy systems on the other hand need to be hosted on a local server with an administrator. That’s expensive. Because cloud systems are so vast and provide so many services, it’s comparatively inexpensive in contrast.
Savings in price is thousands of dollars in hosting, administration, and programming.Maintenance, upgrades, and more are handled by the cloud hosting company. And if you have a wordpress blog, they have the resources to ensure its fast and not easily hacked.
2. Improved Compatibility and Performance The gigantic cloud system offers many services and software compatibility benefits whether mobile or desktop, via Windows or Linux. It allows PM systems to leverage an exciting variety of new cloud-based landlord apps or property management apps.
Many of the new apps and other services are increasingly only available on the cloud. This is where computing is going. Instead of software entrepreneurs developing solutions for the old Microsoft or other achaic software, they’re zeroing in on cloud applications.
If you like working remotely via tablet or smartphone connected to a local coffee shop wifi, you have that luxury with cloud based systems. If you want to add in a business boosting app, you can do that quick.
3. Better Security Although having data stored on outside servers may seem risky at first, the big cloud server/hosting firms such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM, Salesforce, and SAP offer the latest in data encryption, firewall and other security tools. That level of security isn’t available on small local servers.
The threat of hacking is always there yet these companies have better software and hardware resources, top notch data encryption, as well as trained security professionals to better identify hackers in real time. That means they’re actually more secure.
Cloud hosting companies can watch network activity better and respond quicker to attacks originating from anywhere in the world. Let’s face it, there are bad people out there and they can hack into small proprietary systems much easier. When your legacy software connects to customers or staff, its an opening for hackers and other criminals.
4. Infinite Scalability In terms of the number of users, computing, and data storage is concerned, the cloud has infinite resources. That means cloud based property software can respond instantly to your company’s needs. No bottlenecks, downtime, and crashes due to restrictions.
No matter how many units and tenants you have in your system, it functions the same. That’s a source of confidence for large and fast growing property management companies who don’t want downtime and the frustration of hosting on a completely new system.
5. Easier Collaboration Your staff, landlords, contractors and tenants are very important. Cloud based property management software enables easy, secure collaboration with a variety of tools. You can all connect with them anytime, anywhere via any device, and everyone can access their data and accounts without problems.
6. Disaster Recovery and Automatic Updates. Your ManageCasa software is always updated negating the need for manual action from a IT technician. And if you should have a computer failure or are hacked, your system can recovered and redeployed much faster. For a large property management company, this is peace of mind is very important. Downtime can be costly.
Choose the Best Property Management Software
The cloud makes online rent payment, real time accounting, easy document management, and better availability to tenants. This in layperson’s terms, is why cloud based software systems are a boon to property managers and landlords.
Do a free trial of Managecasa and see how this can revolutionize your property management business.
Try ManageCasa and discover how property management software creates solid business value.
More answers to your property management questions: Landlord Software | Property Management Apps | Apartment Management Software | Property Management Trends | What is Property Management? | Property Management Fees | Best Cities to Buy Rental Real Estate | Property Management Solutions