The Mobile Landlord/Property Manager
Mobile property management isn’t just a hot topic for young tech-savvy entrepreneurs. More traditional managers are adopting new online property management tools to communicate, coordinate and complete work.
It might be pictures for an inspection, meeting a new renter prospect at a coffee shop, or accepting payment from a tenant in arrears. You need to get work done now whenever your business is and wherever you are.
While everyone is using new management tools, a few are realizing the mobile tools in particular are needed to avoid delays, achieve focus, and to work on site. The benefits arise from many of these improved tools, thus the ROI for your business rises.
Going mobile cuts costs, improves effectiveness, engages contractors and tenants, improves branding, helps keep tenants leased, and gets you out of the office tending to your business more professionally. And there are lifestyle benefits too.
The good news is that electronic mobility services are improving too with better devices and wireless connectivity. You can do this mobile transition. Some solutions are user friendly while others maybe not so much. You’ll need to focus on those solutions, such as ManageCasa which are user-friendly.
Yes, some property managers and landlords are going completely virtual with leasing and other aspects of their businesses. More are working from their condos or houses, from distant cities. For them, being more thorough, exact, and real time is important. Organizing and coordinating from distant locations makes the landlording challenge greater.
You can gradually phase in mobile management by trying out landlord apps, property management apps and other real estate apps. And of course, ManageCasa platform is mobile friendly through its web app. We are about to release a brand new mobile app, which offers further benefits for the serious mobile professional.
If you’re attending the NAA Apartmentalize Conference in Chicago at the end of this month, please drop by our show booth. Learn more about our new mobile app and what it could do for you. Put your name in for the draw too!
The Advantages of Going Mobile
And the advantages of going completely mobile isn’t just reduced expenses. It’s a state of mind. It means flexibility, responsiveness, tenant engagement, perfect execution, and lower costs. Yes, the lower costs are the big drivers, but mobile’s big picture value leads you into a world of better performance driven by technology. For property managers with growth intentions, landlord and investors want to know you’ve mastered efficiencies and scale with technology.
For some, perhaps you, the lifestyle and work/life balance issue might be driving your interest in mobile management tools.
With respect to your tenants and support contractors, they will respect that you’re more professional, attentive and engaging. You can see them in person more, and follow up on work orders to ensure satisfaction for all parties.
This move to more professional, high tech tools will ensure they’re all on their toes, ready to get things completed on time and on budget. Avoiding extra costs, delays and mis-scheduled work is important to improved profitability.
And for younger tenants, the use of technology represents convenience, stress-free relations, and quick resolution of issues. Mobile is the single point of contact for an easy rental lifestyle.
What Does Going Mobile Mean?
The proliferation of mobile devices and apps is making it easier for us all to get out from behind our desks and into the field where our customers are. Mobile simply means being where you can create the most value for landlord owners and tenants and using tools to do your work on the go.
The devices and services are there to help you do your work more easily. There’s apps for landlords and apps for property managers, apps for leasing managers, and entire cloud based platforms to make property management easy.
Get Real Work Done Fast
Want to delay all your work and updates until you get home? Will you forget, misfile, and make errors? You can answer calls and texts, schedule repairs, coordinate with contractors, check and update leases, share files with owners/tenants a needed, check on repairs/maintenance being done to ensure they’re okay, and visit upset tenants to calm them and reduce maintenance requests and complaints.
All The Reasons Why Mobile is a Good Choice
- getting essential tasks done while you’re visiting tenants, rentals and locations
- coordinating repairs in person ensures satisfaction and quality results
- lease and convenience — less commuting time to the office, quicker response to renters
- potentially go all virtual without the cost of an office
- keep employees happy who would like to work from home more often
- not stuck in an office — and get work done wherever you are
- more visible and answerable to tenants — trust, satisfaction, and less friction
- take advantage of marketing automation — make your work easier
- free up time to do social media and other marketing tasks — create better tenant relations and promote your business
- less painful sitting in an office chair — fewer hip and back problems
- more engaged with your properties and tenants — delivering satisfaction
- connect better with a landlord or service contractors — less mistakes and confusion
Join Other Landlords and Property Managers
Another key reason you’d go mobile is because it’s what other top property managers and landlords are doing so. Experienced SMB landlords and property managers have no problem going mobile. They need the time savings.
What Does it Take to Go Mobile?
Software and devices are the essentials and they’re easy to obtain and manage. Other than the mindset that you’re going to get more work done, get it done quickly wherever you are, you do need modern technology.
What Tools do You Need?
- quality smartphone with a large screen and a tablet with a 10″ screen. You don’t want to be squinting and guessing at what you read and see on your phone. Errors are costly. A laptop in your car or service vehicle makes it easy. A comfortable car seat with good back support helps.
- having your own cellular connection gives you access to your property management software securely. If you lose the signal, you want an app that lets you continue working offline, meaning the app continues to be functional even with no internet connection.
- installing a mobile app on all your devices for cross device synchronicity means no continual logging in or unavailable data issues
- security system on your devices. When it comes to your financial data and customer data, you need to be very careful. A top flight software security solution is wise (MacAfee, Norton 360) and sometimes a VPN (virtual private network) might be wise.
The choice to become a mobile property manager will be made when you’re ready. Every day you delay, you reduce your profit, earnings, and service level. This is an exciting time for you.
More on the ManageCasa blog: Property Management Software | Small Landlord Software | Top Landlord Mistakes | Landlord Software Features | Landlord Accounting Software | Landlord Challenges | Tenant Landlord Issues | Mobile Landlord Tools | Landlord Reputation Management | Enjoyable Landlord Software | Simple Landlord Software | Rent Negotiation for Landlords | Landlord Support | Landlord Tax Deductions | Landlord Bookkeeping | Landlord Risk & Liability | Landlord Software Features