11 Best US Apartment Rental Sites to Find your Dream Apartment
Given how strong the economy is in 2018, and with the shortage of rental apartments available and high apartment prices, renters have to get organized and tap into as many sources as possible to find their next rental home.
While you might be in a desperate search for a new condo, townhouses, home or apartment for rent, you’ll have better success if take some time, and check all of these apartment listing sites below. Search for apartments and set up alerts with each one so you have a steady stream of rental possibilities.
Get to know more about the neighborhood, building amenities, walk scores, safety rating, and other important data so you can move to place you’re comfortable in.
Get Ahead of Your Search so You’re Not Caught
It’s a wise idea to be proactive and look ahead at where you might be headed. If you want to avoid living in a bad neighborhood at an inflated price in a unit that doesn’t have what you want, then look to the future and start scanning what’s available.
You may find some hidden gems, places that might make you very happy.
As we covered in the US rental housing market report, apartment prices will rise again this summer. Employment is very strong and lofty home prices and rising mortgage rates make buyers struggle with the rent vs buy question. It’s unlikely that many renters will buy a home this year. You’ll be competing for available apartments with a huge crowd.
Please bookmark this page, and use it in your own blog posts
Do you have a son or daughter heading to college? Colleges and Universities are getting out of student housing and letting the private sector serve student housing needs. A good search strategy will help them find good quality apartments at reasonable rental prices.
Ready to make ManageCasa your new property management home?
No obligations, sign up for free.Join ManageCasa
Share this post with friends and family on Linkedin, Instagram and Facebook. Renters need a little help these days!
Check out these top apartment rental sites online:
- Apartmentlist – Apartmentlist has been in business for 6 years and was inspired by the founder’s own bad rental experiences. You can find 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments across the country within an attractive layout that uses maps and pictures of the apartment or condo building.
- Apartmentguide – an apartment search and information site owned by Rentpath, who also own Lovely, Rentals.com, and RentalHouses.com. It claims it matches qualified renters with their ideal apartment home. Its apartment search function includes 360 views of the condominium or apartment complex and they offer a rating of the developments.
- Sublet.com – Sublet.com has an interesting twist by introducing apartment sublet opportunities. These may be vacancies that aren’t posted on the regular apartment sites or feeds. Take a look.
- Craigslist – the world’s top classified ad site has plenty of apartment rentals listed. However, you might find classified’s are not the place many respectable landlords or property managers would choose to draw tenants from. If you’re in fix, it might be worth a gander though.
- Trulia – is a large real estate listing site not associated with Realtor.com and the MLS. It’s an alternative to Realtor.com and homes.com and has unique set of apartments for rent across the US.
- Realtor.com – Yes, Realtor.com, the largest real estate company offers listings of apartments for rent. These might be upscale listings that are listed by Realtors although they allow anyone to list for free.
- Apartments.com – Apartments.com is another large apartment rental site that is strongly map based, yet doesn’t break down listings by neighborhood. Neighborhood search is preferable to many searchers who don’t know zip codes.
- Rent.com – Rent.com offers virtual tours of apartment buildings and condominiums. It doesn’t offer search by zip code or neighborhood and it inserts ads into the search results.
- Americancampus.com – American Campus is the largest provider of student housing in the US. The quality of student housing units is surprising but expect a higher price because student housing is in demand.
- Forrent.com – Forrent.com offer a huge listing of apartments for rent. You can search via any feature except neighborhood and zip code.
- Zumper.com – Zumper will help you find your ideal apartment and you can search for vacancies on their site specifying your price range and long term vs short term lease.
Are you a tenant who has a landlord or property manager who is struggling with their volume of apartment and condo rentals? You may want to introduce them to ManageCasa property management software. It’s a simple, online solution that helps them with client communication, tenant information access, workflow process, and enjoy an overall view of the financial state of their rental property portfolio. It can streamline how they do their work and help you save time and stay up to date on your tenancy.
Good luck with your apartment search in 2018. Hopefully more and better apartments are being built as we speak and the housing crisis will ease.
See also: Apartments for Rent | Renters Insurance | Rental Housing Market | Apartment Rental Software | Apartment Rental Prices | Best Cities to Buy Investment Property | San Francisco Housing Forecast | Texas Rental Housing| Reduce Tenant Turnover | Best Property Management Software | How to Screen Tenants | How to Raise the Rent | Property Management Business | Tax Deductions for Property Managers | Real Estate Portfolio Tips | Starting a Property Management Business | How to Use Property Software | ManageCasa Cloud Based Property Software